Children are able to concentrate and learn better when they have eaten a healthy, balanced lunch – school meals can be the simple solution. At Austhorpe we take great pride in our healthy, delicious school meals.
from September 2014, school meals for ALL children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
are completely FREE! This will provide a saving to families of £430 per year for each child.
In our school we serve 2 meal choices each day, consisting of two main courses, one of which is a vegetarian meal. Each meal also includes, apart from a main course, vegetables, salad and bread, as well as pudding of the day or fruit or yoghurt and chilled water.
- Meals are freshly made every day
- Using great quality produce:
- Fresh vegetables and potatoes, locally when in season
- UK farm assured chicken, beef and lamb
- Free range eggs from East Yorkshire
- 100% salmon and white fish fillet from sustainable sources
- Dolphin friendly tuna
- Choice UK cheddar
- Menus are designed to provide healthy, balanced meals which will be enjoyed by children
- Menus meet the Government guidelines for school meals
- All medical and religious diets can be catered
For more information please speak to the school office or have a chat with our Cook who will be happy to answer your questions.
If your child is in Years 3, 4, 5 or 6
school meals cost £2.40
The Government has announced that free lunches will be available from September for all children in Reception, Years 1 and 2. This is a fantastic opportunity for children, parents and schools. This development also means that Catering Leeds is recruiting catering staff across the city to fill Kitchen Assistant vacancies.
These posts are 10 hours per week, 11.30am - 1.30pm, Term Time Only.
We are looking for staff who are enthusiastic about good food and strong customer service; any catering experience is desirable but not essential.
Catering Leeds has set up a number of recruitment information sessions.
If you would like to book an appointment, or for more information please contact Helen Collins on: 0113 3782323, or Helen.Collins@leeds.gov.uk