What is a Children’s Centre?
Children's Centres provide a wide range of services for families who have children from 0-5 years old. All Children's Centres offer different services, facilities and activities dependent on the needs of the local community. Children’s Centres form part of local Early Start teams along with health visiting teams.
The nearest Children’s Centre to school is Templenewsam and Colton Children’s Centre. Although the staff team are based at Templenewsam Halton Primary School (where their office is), they work across the local area with all families with under 5’s. Staff are often in the playground at Austhorpe to give out information and keep in touch with parents. The Centre forms part of the Temple Newsam Learning Partnership (TNLP) Trust which is a group of schools and partners working closely together to support children and families across the local area.
Templenewsam and Colton Children’s Centre works with families living in Austhorpe, Colton, Halton, Whitkirk and Templenewsam. Depending on where your family live, there is a wide range of activities and service to meet your under 5’s child’s needs. Other nearby children’s centres include Meadowfield, Crossgates and Manston, Richmond Hill, Osmondthorpe and Garforth.
What services do Children’s Centre run?
Every children’s centre produces its own ‘what’s on guide’. To request one, you could contact Templenewsam and Colton Children’s Centre. Services could include:
Contact details for Templenewsam and Colton Children’s Centre
- Groups for you and your child/ren to enjoy together. Most groups are drop-in but some need to be booked as there might be limited spaces. These can include stay and play, music classes, movement/dance classes, messy sessions and many more!
- Courses for adults. This could include ESOL, family learning, behaviour, parenting, IT, infant massage, baby sign – a whole range of courses which can change over time.
- Counselling for families or individuals.
- Housing support.
- Links with Jobcentre Plus for help with job search, CV writing or accessing benefits.
- Well Baby Clinic.
- Family outreach services where we keep you up to date via home visits.
- One to one help and support. If you or your family requires support, please speak to a member of staff at Templenewsam and Colton Children’s Centre. If unable to help, they will put you in touch with someone who can.
- Links with registered child-minders and other childcare providers for parents/carers.
- Support for child-minders.
Main site: Templenewsam Halton Primary School, Pinfold Lane, Halton, Leeds, LS15 7SY. 0113 2250025
Hub site: Colton Primary School, School Lane, Colton, Leeds, LS15 9AL
Email address: email@example.com
Templenewsam and Colton Children’s Centre Team:
Sara Jackson – Children’s Centre Co-ordinator
Claire Hogg – Senior Family Outreach Worker
Tracey Crann – Family Outreach Worker
Barbara Walker – Admin Worker (part time)