The Templenewsam Colton Children’s Centre
What is a Children’s Centre?
Children’s Centre’s provide a wide range of services for families who have children from 0-5 years old. All Children’s Centres offer different services, facilities and activities dependent on the needs of the local community. Children’s Centres form part of local ‘Early Start’ teams along with health visiting teams.
What services do Children’s Centre offer?
Every children’s centre produces its own ‘what’s on guide’. To request one, you could contact Templenewsam and Colton Children’s Centre and staff can tell you where your nearest centre is and help you find out more about specific services. These services could include:
- Groups for you and your child/ren to enjoy together. Most groups are drop-in but some need to be booked as there might be limited spaces. These can include stay and play, music classes, movement/dance classes, messy sessions and many more!
- Courses for adults. This could include ESOL, family learning, behaviour, parenting, IT, infant massage, baby sign – a whole range of courses which can change over time.
- Housing support.
- Counselling for families or individuals.
- Family outreach services where we keep you up to date via home visits.
- Links with Jobcentre Plus for help with job search, CV writing or accessing benefits.
- Well Baby Clinic.
- One to one help and support. If you or your family requires support, please speak to a member of staff at Templenewsam and Colton Children’s Centre. If we are unable to help staff will put you in touch with someone who can.
- Links with registered child-minders and other childcare providers for parents/carers.
- Support for child-minders.
Contact details for Templenewsam and Colton Children’s Centre
Main site: Templenewsam Halton Primary School, Pinfold Lane, Halton, Leeds, LS15 7SY. 0113 2250025
Hub site: Colton Primary School, School Lane, Colton, Leeds, LS15 9AL
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Templenewsam and Colton Children’s Centre Team:
Kathy Lightfoot – Children’s Centre Manager
Claire Hogg – Senior Family Outreach Worker
Tracey Crann – Family Outreach Worker
Kirsty Thompson – Family Outreach Worker