The Templenewsam Colton Children’s Centre
Meet the Team
Senior Family Outreach Worker (maternity leave)
Senior Family Outreach Worker
Family Outreach Worker
Early Years Play Worker
The key aims of the Children’s Centre is to ensure all infants, young children and families are supported through evidence-based practice to have the best possible start in life. This is achieved by promoting good health, safety, wellbeing and enhancing school readiness outcomes. We offer 1:1 support for families around parenting, finances, housing, behaviour management, domestic abuse, and more. The centre also promotes children and family relationships through its universal offer of family learning sessions and courses, play and stays, workshops, behaviour management and healthy relationship courses.
The team also support children who are at risk of harm and their focus is Early intervention. We work closely with the cluster team and other agencies. The service is predominantly focussed on children aged 0-5 years.
We offer a regular universal service offering play and stay groups, parent learning courses and workshops.
What services do Children’s Centre offer?
Every children’s centre produces its own ‘what’s on guide’. To request one, you could contact Templenewsam and Colton Children’s Centre and staff can tell you where your nearest centre is and help you find out more about specific services. These services could include:
- Groups for you and your child/ren to enjoy together. Most groups are drop-in but some need to be booked as there might be limited spaces. These can include stay and play, music classes, movement/dance classes, messy sessions and many more!
- Courses for adults. This could include ESOL, family learning, behaviour, parenting, IT, infant massage, baby sign – a whole range of courses which can change over time.
- Housing support.
- Counselling for families or individuals.
- Family outreach services where we keep you up to date via home visits.
- Links with Jobcentre Plus for help with job search, CV writing or accessing benefits.
- Well Baby Clinic.
- One to one help and support. If you or your family requires support, please speak to a member of staff at Templenewsam and Colton Children’s Centre. If we are unable to help staff will put you in touch with someone who can.
- Links with registered child-minders and other childcare providers for parents/carers.
- Support for child-minders.
Main site: Templenewsam Halton Primary School, Pinfold Lane, Halton, Leeds, LS15 7SY. 0113 2250025
Hub site: Colton Primary School, School Lane, Colton, Leeds, LS15 9AL
Email address: email@example.com